Friday, February 3, 2012
We're in the midst of a blizzard here in Denver. Up to 22 in are expected by tomorrow come noon. The roads are awful so just like the kiddos in school, I had a snow day.
This is my first official snow day and there are a few things I've learned today :
1. Things your father will tell you to have on hand for the storm : Wine, toilet paper and bread. The only thing I think he forgot in that list was cheese.
2. It's possible to get work done, even with Kathie Lee and Hoda on in the background
3. It's 3:48 p.m., I have not showered and find that perfect acceptable
4. It's 3:49 p.m. and I'm already through my first glass of wine, and find that perfectly acceptable, as well.
5. Gordon and Sienna can only entertain for so long. They sleep a WHOLE LOT.
6. There comes a point in a snow storm when you think it's possible that it will just never end.
So, if you happen to be in the Capitol Hill neighborhood - please swing by. I could use some company, I have wine - and Phase 10.